Web Analytics Support
As Web Analytics is a relatively new discipline, not many companies have the resources in-house to cover all areas, all questions that might arise. It is not cost effective to employ people when their skills & knowledge is only required a proportion of the month. The alternative is to use a web analytics consultancy such as L3 Analytics to provide the answers these questions.
Like any support service, it is comforting to know that help is only a phone call or email away. L3 Analytics can provide support to all members of the team for a company without an internal Web Analyst or provide expert assistance to the Web Analyst for the questions they can’t answer. Sometimes, the internal resources are maxed out (or on holiday) and you just need to be able to call upon some additional resources.
Support requests can include:
- advising how to use the web analytics tool to answer a question
- creating specific reports that provide stakeholders with easy access to the business intelligence they require
- performing ad hoc investigations to provide the insights required to make a call on a website/marketing change
- adjusting the configuration of the web analytics tool for enhanced intelligence
- advising developers on the code required to track a new website section/feature
- advising on the best practice for a naming convention
- ensuring marketing campaigns are all tagged and assisting in getting this implemented if not
- implementing and evaluating an experiment run using Google Website Optimizer
Note that assistance with the implementation and configuration of a web analytics tool can only be provided for Google Analytics, Omniture SiteCatalyst or Comscore Digital Analytix (formerly SiteStat).