Want to come work with us?
L3 Analytics is a web analytics consultancy working with a wide variety of clients from start-ups to multinationals across all sectors including retail, publishing and finance. We’re small, but have an excellent reputation in this space due to our work over the past five years – our founder is well known for speaking at and organising conferences and meetups. We’re also a Google Analytics Certified Partner. Now we’re keen to grow, and we need your help!
As our Business Growth Manager, you will be responsible for growing L3 Analytics from our current levels to meeting our forecast targets. The role will be a mix of marketing and sales related tasks. You will need to be up for the challenge of working within a small agency, doing a bit of everything to achieve success within a B2B environment.
Key areas of responsibility will include:
• Using marketing channels (including social media) to promote and advertise the company and its services
• Taking marketing through to acquisition by being proactive in gaining new clients, working to negotiable and realistic targets
• Working through client account management: creating proposals, upselling, negotiating rates, updating contracts
The services you would be marketing include:
• A range of digital analytics projects, from our “Analytics Foundation” package to ongoing managed and Pay-As-You-Go services, and specialist one-off solutions
• Regular training workshops for individuals and groups, either external or internal
• Special events or promotions as and when they come up
• New ideas created by you!
Our current clients include Euromoney, WorldRemit, Hearst International, South West Trains and Dr Martens. The potential accounts you could be targeting and speaking to are businesses of all sizes, across all industries, with any number of websites or apps. These companies may or may not have internal analytics staff. Basically, we think everyone who runs an organisation of any size with an online presence needs to work more on their digital analytics.
The duties you would be taking on are currently split between three people, so you’d have plenty of support. You’ll be working towards sales targets that you’ll agree with the company but without strict rules in place. We will expect you to create your own strategies for both client acquisition and marketing; it’s definitely a job for a self-starter. Having said all that, we don’t have a culture of hard sales but instead value conversations and relationships.
What we’re looking for:
• No particular level of experience – would suit an ambitious junior looking to make their mark, or someone more experienced in B2B sales/marketing who wants a change of scene
• Someone who genuinely enjoys achieving short term and long term goals
• Confidence and initiative
• Happy working without constant guidance
• A clear and provable interest in entrepreneurship and/or business development – how you want to demonstrate this is up to you, we’re open minded!
• Good communication skills – happy to pick up a phone and make a call, equally happy writing eloquent tweets or long emails
• Knowledge and understanding of digital analytics would be great, but we can teach you
• Interest or curiosity in the tech sector is essential
What you might be looking for:
• A salary of £25-32K, depending on experience
• A business development role in a growing industry where you can use your persuasive skills to make a noticeable difference
• A cool little company where hard work is always balanced with fun, and people aren’t afraid to discuss and debate
• A democracy, where your ideas are valued and your vote counts
• An office within two minutes’ walk of Liverpool Street Station (we’ll be moving there in January from our current location in Moorgate)
• A setting in amongst lots of other young/small companies, with great coffee, often free food, and beer on tap
• An evening out every once in a while – we’re all busy people, but we like to make the effort occasionally
• Your pick of our amazing company perks. That includes phone insurance, Tastecards, and great price cinema tickets, plus loads more. Find out more about all our employee rewards here.
If you would like to apply for this position, please contact us directly with your CV including a short description of yourself at firstname.lastname@example.org.
No agencies please.